Don't be so selfish

Hit like

WeMited Innovations

Various departments in Apparel Industry

Introduction

Apparel or garment industry is the final stage of textile manufacturing where cloth is cut into different parts and sews to make various types of apparel. Here, different shapes and styles fabrics are made according to the buyer requirement.

Various departments in apparel industry and their function

Apparel industry consists of different departments. Every department is responsible for better production. The various departments in a garment industry include:

  • ·         Merchandising department
  • ·         Marketing department
  • ·         Exports department
  • ·         Finance department
  • ·         Materials department
  • ·         Production department
  • ·         Finishing department
  • ·         Sampling department
  • ·         HR department
  • ·         Quality control department
  • ·         Production planning department
  • ·         Maintenance department
The functions of these departments are described below:

Merchandising department:

The various job responsibilities of this department include receiving or making the purchase order sheet, tracking the order, making the time and action calendar, getting and giving approvals, cost finalisation, pricing finalisation, supervising sampling, sourcing, vendor development, vendor selection, communication and coordination etc.




Marketing department:

The major responsibilities of this department include sales and promotion, advertising, visual merchandising, organising special events, public relation etc.

Export department

The responsibility of this department include the making the export documentation, shipping the product, dealing with various government bodies, getting various licences, getting custom clearances etc.

Finance department

Credits, payments, inventory control is the major responsibility of this department.

Material department

The major job responsibility of this department includes material management, fabric ordering and receiving, trims ordering and receiving, keeping inventory record etc.

Production department

The responsibility of this  department include order processing, line balancing, production planning, setting production floor, ordering machine and equipment, maintaining optimum output, ready the production order time, getting the quality check done and shipping on time , control the cost etc.

Finishing department:

The function of the department includes pressing, tagging, packing, putting shipment stickers etc.

Sampling department:

The job responsibility of this department includes making samples on time, pattern making, marker making, calculating the consumption of material for various garments, new design development etc.

Quality control department:

The major job responsibilities of the department includes understand buyer’s quality specification, ensure the required quality is achieved and maintained, do the quality audits, quality inspection, shipment inspection, final inspection, online inspection, check size sets, check sealer samples, check the specification sheet etc.

Production planning department

The job responsibility of this department includes floor planning, line planning, order planning etc.

Maintenance department

The job responsibility of this department includes maintain various machines and equipment’s, plant maintenance, store maintenance, servicing, repairs etc.

HR department

Hiring new personnel, salaries, wages distribution, training of the workforce, record keeping etc. is done by this department.

Design department

The main objective of this department includes designing new product and developing the product.



                                                             


21 comments:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To give you an idea of ‘how to start a clothing business online store’, here is a list of a few small scale clothing manufacturers that will help you answer how to start a clothing business online store. Reach the Vakilsearch site or app to know more about how to start garment business in india

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.Custom Iron On Patches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these details. We are one of the famous GMP Packaging service provider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details, 247officedept@gmail.com. /  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Mr Benjamin put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The killing off of entire species of wild life in Africa is a very radical proposition, to say the least. She was, however, able to lucidly get her point across. Besides that, I have nothing more to commend about her. I like you way to express Various departments in any Women Apparel manufacturers Industry

    ReplyDelete
  7. We often don’t think about apparel as promotional items other than the general promotional T-shirts that might get sold at festivals and events, but there is a wide range of corporate apparel options that will help spread your branding and message and it starts with your staff members.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the main unit of a fashion house and what is the other name of main unit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you gotten your financial freedom yet? if not get intouch with mr pedro loans offer at 3% rate in return, Mr pedro granted me a loan when my bank couldn't granted my loan when my business was going down due to financial crisis on covid-19 then I begin searching online that how I came across Pedro loan offer which I applied and to my surprise My loan was granted successfully.
    Contact pedroloanss@gmail.com / Whatsapp; +18632310632 for business loans,personal loans,car loans,home loans,sbl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog is very helpful for me. Thank you for providing such a unique and valuable information to your readers. I really appreciate your work.If you require about Foreign Company Registration in India | subsidiary company registration in india click on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to work in one of these departments. I am fashion designer. I am in Ghana.
    email: james.atsu86@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is really useful and helpful to know more about click here Garment Industry Articles

    ReplyDelete

  13. This is really an amazing content. Also Check :
    ad formats
    clickflox

    ReplyDelete